Filing requests for refunds of VAT in all member states
If a business has expenditures in EU countries, those expenditures can include local VAT. To be able to get a refund of this VAT, the business has to file a request for refund and fulfil the related obligations. These obligations are different for non-EU businesses. TGS lime tree can assist you with filing these requests. Also TGS lime tree can – on your behalf – take care of these requests in all EU member states.
A business must usually charge VAT (and pay it to the tax authorities) at the moment the transaction takes place. If the customer does not (fully) pay his debt (in which the VAT is included) a refund of this VAT can – under certain conditions – be claimed by the business. The procedure for this refund can differ from member state to member state.
TGS lime tree has extensive experience with filing these requests in the EU and we can assist you or your credit management department with analyzing your debt portfolios for the possibility of VAT refunds.
As specialized VAT consultants we can support your business with for instance:
- Filing requests for refunds of VAT in all member states
- VAT registration in EU member states
- MOSS – Mini One Stop Shopping
- Advice on any VAT related matter
- VAT registration in various EU member states
- any other cross border VAT advice (Import, export, Intracommunity services and acquisitions)